By: Alec Harvey for al.com
Published: Saturday, May 5, 2012
Adding to the eclectic nature of the festival were some new features, including a photo booth on the site and a Silent Rock Show tent.
Silent Events, which produces Bonnaroo’s Silent Disco, is the group behind the new Silent Rock Show concept, which allows participants to listen to a live band through wireless headphones, dancing and moving to music that others can’t hear.
“We wanted to bring something new and different to the Crawfish Boil,” said Silent Events owner Ryan Dowd. “As opposed to a DJ spinning records (at the Silent Disco), it’s someone performing. We wanted to up the ante.”
The Silent Rock Show tent will be back in operation for Day 2 of the Crawfish Boil.
- May 24 Silent Events in Denver, CO at University of Silent Disco Event
- May 27 Silent Events in Boulder, CO at BolderBOULDER
- May 31 Silent Events in Houston, TX at MEX v. NGR – Reliant Stadium
- Jun 7 Silent Events in Fairfax, VA at Celebrate Fairfax! Festival
- Jun 7 Silent Events in Myrtle Beach, SC at House of Blues